COVID-19 Information & Plan
Boys & Girls Club of Union County
Guidelines for Reopening –September 2020
- Please be aware these procedures can change at any time to reflect the current situation regarding COVID
- Arrival/Screening Procedure
- Temperatures checks will be taken upon arrival for both members and staff/parents – No one will be permitted into the building with a temperature of 100.0 or higher.
- No child will be allowed to enter the building with a fever or signs of ailment.
- Everyone MUST have a mask on when entering the building.
- Staff will be outside to take temperatures- Parents will have to wait with their child until temperature has been taken. Child can proceed through the front door once he or she has been cleared.
- Staff will be positioned throughout the building to help Members get to their classroom in a safe and orderly fashion.
- All members /staff and visitors must be wearing a MASK upon entering building
- No group work/small reading groups/switching of seats etc.
- Members will not be permitted to share items (Everyone must have their own supplies)
- Signage throughout the building to promote social distancing/Rules for hand Washing in bathrooms
- Sanitation stations in each classroom/entrances and outside of bathrooms
- All members must use hand Sanitizer when leaving and entering the room
- Increase the frequency of cleaning of surfaces and the bathrooms throughout the day-classes will have a bathroom schedule
- Allotting time for classes to wash their hands
- There will be staggering arrival times as well as dismissal times
- Windows/doors will remain open if possible
- NO USE OF WATER FOUNTAIN – EACH MEMBER WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING HIS OR HER OWN WATER BOTTLE WITH NAME ON IT
- We will be limiting the number of visitors in the building. We will only allow one parent at a time in the lobby at the front desk for payments etc.
- Sanitizing and cleaning the building each night
- Lunch will be in the classroom
- All members MUST BRING A COLD LUNCH IN A PAPER BAG SO IT CAN BE DISPOSED WHEN DONE.
- We will have a designated area for members who are not feeling well and waiting to be picked up. YOUR CHILD MUST BE PICKED UP WITHING 30 MINUTES.
- Drop off and Dismissals will be staggered. You will have an option to drop off and pick up your child with following times:
- 8:00am-4:00pm, 8:30am-4:30pm, 9:00am-5:00pm (YOU MUST CHOOSE ONLY ONE TIME SLOT)
- Once you pick your drop off/dismissal time it can NOT be changed.
- If you are late you will be charged a $10.00 late fee. Please notify the front desk if you are running late.
- Members must bring a cold lunch EVERYDAY.
- OUR CONCESSION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED SO IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOUR CHILD HAS HIS OR HER LUNCH EVERY DAY
Masks are MANDATORY and to be worn throughout the day, except for lunch time. Members who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition must have a doctor’s note. FACE SHIELDS DO NOT TAKE PLACE OF MASKS.
Please have your child bring an extra mask.
- Members must bring their own personal hand sanitizer to keep at their desk as well as individual packets or box of tissues.
- Disinfecting wipes
- COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS/PACKETS for school work.
- We will not allow normal visitation at our Club until further notice. Parents will not be permitted in the building at this time.
- We are looking forward to having our Club family together again. We will be monitoring the situation closely and airing on the side of caution.