American Red Cross Lifeguard Program
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. This Lifeguard Program is a combination of online learning and in-person skills session. Content equivalent to traditional course with less time spent in a classroom. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.
- Minimum age: 15 years by the end of the class.
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl and breaststroke only demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates will place arms under the armpits
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Goggles may not be used.
- Attend all class sessions
- Wear proper swimming attire
- Successfully complete online portion. Instructions will be given in the first class
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
- Demonstrate competency in all final rescue scenarios
- Pass both Section 1 – CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Section 2 – Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with a minimum of 80 percent.
For more information please call (908) 687-2697 ext. 109
American Red Cross Lifeguard Blended Learning
Boys & Girls Club of Union County
Session Dates: March 25-26, 2023
○ Saturday, March 18: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
○ Sunday, March 19: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Location: Boys and Girls Club of Union, 1050 Jeanette Ave, Union, NJ 07083 ○ Tuition: $400.00 Register Online Here
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. Prerequisites: Minimum age: 15 years; Swim 300 yards continuously; Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs; Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder. Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.
Register online or at the pool in Union.
Registration for Physique Swimming can be arranged online, by credit card over the phone at (212) 725 0939 or by sending the registration form to 115 Broadway, 5th Fl New York, NY 10006.
We accept, Credit Card, Check, or Venmo @physique-swim
____________________________________________________________________________________ Physique Swimming Registration Form: Please, fill it out completely.
Student’s Name Age Session Dates:
___________________________________________ ___________ _____________
___________________________________________ ___________ _____________ Phone(C)____________________________________ E-Mail ___________________________
Physique Swimming Inc.
115 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10006 t: (212)-725-0939 f: (646)-478-9005
e: email@example.com physiqueswimming.com