Youth of the Year
Get ready to celebrate with us! Youth of the Year is the most prestigious event of the year, and here’s why:
BGCA’s Premier Program for Teens
- Youth of the Year celebrates teens whose Club experience has empowered them to find their voice and achieve success through after-school experiences rooted in what matters to them most – choice, access and passion. These amazing young people represent the voice and spirit of hope for 4 million Boys & Girls Club youth.
- The Youth of the Year title is the most prestigious honor bestowed upon a young person. These individuals exemplify the Boys & Girls Club mission and are proof of the impact Clubs make in transforming and saving kids’ lives.
- For more than 70 years, the Youth of the Year program has honored and celebrated the nation’s most inspiring youth and their incredible stories.
- That’s seven decades of these inspiring teens traveling the country to speak on behalf of Boys & Girls Club youth and showing America what it means to be a true leader.
- These youth have changed the face of future leaders. Youth of the Year from across the country have gone on to impact our community in a better way – becoming college professors, motivational speakers, doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs and more. Some have even gone back to work at their Clubs, providing mentorship and guidance to kids and teens to help them shape their path toward a great future.
- Throughout the Youth of the Year journey, Boys & Girls Clubs recognize these outstanding young people at local, state and regional levels before providing an opportunity for six of these teens to strive for the title of National Youth of the Year.
- Becoming National Youth of the Year is an exciting and inspiring journey. Starting on the local level, Clubs select Youth of the Year representatives who then progress to state and regional competitions. The journey culminates with the National Youth of the Year Celebration, which features youth from each of the five regions, as well as the National Military Youth of the Year.
- Over 70 Years of Youth Leaders –> 4,400 Clubs –> 4 Million Youth –> 6 Regional Finalists –> 1 National Youth of the Year: Role model, leader and advocate for young people
Thank you to this year’s Premier Sponsor, Bausch Health!